Tides of the Maelstrom
Welcome to Tides of the Maelstrom!
Tides of the Maelstrom
Welcome to Tides of the Maelstrom!
Tides of the Maelstrom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Tides of the Maelstrom WoW Private 3.3.5a RP Server! Please view our Rules & Policies, Getting Started guide and the About Us forum under Server Information!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Tides of the Maelstrom is a World of Warcraft Private RP Server. These forums are in no way associated with Blizzard Entertainment. All images and text are property of their rightful owners.

Calimar Flamesong

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
chaotic.rune

Gold : 9
Renown : 0

Calimar Flamesong Empty
PostSubject: Calimar Flamesong   Calimar Flamesong EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 3:06 am

Player (forum) name : chaotic.rune
Character name : Calimar Flamesong
Race : Blood Elf
Class : spellbreaker
Alignment : slight chaotic neutral
Affiliations : Dalaran, Scryers, Kirin Tor, Shattered Sun Offensive, Magisters

Character’s appearance :
Calimar looks like an ordinary blood elf. He has an athletic build, shaped while in training to become a spellbreaker. He stands slightly taller than average blood elves. He has a burn scar around his torso, caused by fel-flames cast at him by the Scourge during the destruction of Quel’thalas. His face has sharp features, low eyebrows, pointed nose, and a scruff. But of all, his most prominent features would be his reddish brown, long hair, and his unusually bright, slightly-bluish eyes. He values this bluish tint, and went as far as keeping a barrier up around himself whenever he goes to Silvermoon to avoid being exposed to magic (by being in mere proximity with other blood elves). However, as time passes, his eyes became greener.

Fully geared, he wears a mix of cloth and plate/mail armor. He wears a robe under a strong chestguard, with a belt, shoulderguards, handguards, and greaves (reference: Brutal Gladiator’s Regalia). His armor is centered around the color of purple and blue (although Dalaran-ish, he does not affiliate himself with them, though he is indirectly connected to the Kirin Tor through the Sunreavers). His other armor is centered around the classical crimson and gold (reference: Sunwell Mage Regalia set). He carries a staff, and sometimes a sword around.

Character’s history:
Rise to Magic and Blood
Calimar spent most of his childhood in seclusion. He isolated himself from most other elves, and he preferred to toy around with magic. He had secretly discovered his abilities as a mage during this ‘unpleasant’ period. Growing up, he had an ambition to become a warmage. He planned to go to Dalaran to study, and this resolve thrilled his parents. He submitted into years and years of studying and practicing, and eventually became a powerful mage. At this point, he was even invited to join the ranks of the Magisters. He then went to the Isle of Quel’danas to submit into further training to become a spelbreaker. The intense physical training was overwhelming, but it was all worth it, he thought.

After he was done with his training and became a fully certified spellbreaker, he returned to Silvermoon to his family. However, he was shocked that the city was set ablaze by the Scourge. The invasion was heavy, and the high elves were losing. A large chunk of the population was slain, and a majority of the city was reduced to rubbles, and they lost the Sunwell during the process. The surviving elves, in honor of the dead, became the blood elves. Most, including Calimar, left to seek another source to supply them with magic, under the leadership of Prince Kael’thas. He served the prince as a spellbreaker of the highest ranks. He also underwent the events that led to them being imprisoned under Garithos’ commands, including the forging of alliance with the naga.

Grief and Sorrow
Kael, Calimar, and the rest of the blood elves traveled through the portal and to the outlands where they were involved with the rescue of Illidan Stormrage. During this time, rumors started to surface – rumors saying that the prince has gone paranoid, mad. To ally the group of blood elves with the naga, and now a demon? Calimar was indeed suspicious with Illidan, and he considered him an enemy. However, he dismissed the rumors and sided with the prince. Then Illidan mentioned this new source of magic. It was during this time that the rumors were confirmed. Although Calimar didn’t want to believe them, he saw the truth. The prince agreed that siphoning demonic, fel magic was essential to the survival of the blood elves. It was true, then. The prince was mad. Calimar, having studied in dalaran for years on magic, he knew about the corrupting properties of demonic magic. The prince should have known too, considering his background, but he agreed anyway.

He kept an eye on the prince for some time, but he didn’t change. Not wishing to leave his people, he confronted Lady Vashj and Illidan, and even revealed to the other blood elves the consequences of consuming demonic magic, but all efforts were in vain. When they started hunting demons to feed on it, he was broken. In disgust, and in deep sorrow, he left Kael’s shadow and returned to Silvermoon. Along with him was the small amount of people who believed him. For the first time of his life, a feeling of hate towards his own people started to build up.

Bringing Down the Mad Prince
In the time being, he served Lor’themar Theron in the same manner that he had with the prince. But when the prince sent Magister Rommath to spread Illidan’s teachings, Calimar was irate. He confronted Rommath, only to have him mock the spellbreaker. The magister had permanently silenced him by threatening him, saying that he will be banished if he continues to oppose him. Calimar was a magister himself, so he knew what Rommath was capable of. He was further enraged when the prince sent another person to Quel’thalas. This time, a naaru named M’uru, sent for the blood elves to feast upon. His resentment for the prince erupted at this point, and so he left Silvermoon after the Blood Knights had formed, and traveled to Shattrath where he joined the Scryers. Later, he was part of the Shattered Sun Offensive in an attempt to take down Kael’thas before he succeeds in bringin the Burning Legion to Azeroth through the Sunwell.

During the siege to defeat the Prince, he was deeply grieved by the fact that Quel’danas, the headquarters of the spellbreakers, was destroyed by the Prince’s forces and the Burning Legion. Calimar fought through hordes of the prince’s forces, to his final stand in the Magister’s Terrace. There, they successfully liberated the Isle, and stood victorious against the prince, who was slayed. Unfortunately for him, Calimar was greatly exposed to the fel energies that the Prince had evoked. As a result, Calimar lost the bluish tint of his eyes. The one thing to remind him that he was different, gone. With the sunwell revitalized, he is now dealing with the magical addiction. Also, with the Isle now regulated and guarded by Halduron Brightwing, and spellbreakers being forbidden to pass on the teachings, Calimar felt more alone than ever.

Recent Activities
After the Prince’s defeat, he was also sent to Northrend to aid the Kor’kron and the Ashen Verdict in their attempts to bring down the Lich King from his throne. He took the mission personally, since he also held a grudge towards the Lich King, leader of the Scourge, for destroying Quel’thalas. Everyone, including the blood elves and the forsaken who wished to avenge their fallen home, fought valiantly and emerged victorious. Aside of that, he was also present during the Nexus War, which was instigated by Malygos, the maddened aspect of magic. He assisted Dalaran’s forces in protecting the magical city from the blue dragon attack. However, he was wounded at some point, and was absent for the rest of the battle.

Today, Calimar still holds up his rank as spellbreaker with pride, and he also serves as a mercenary. He is frequently summoned to Silvermoon and Orgrimmar to aid in war. He had also indulged his magical curiosities by being an artifact hunter, which granted him the opportunity to work with the Blue Dragonflight and on many occasions, even learn magic from them. He continued his studies and sharpened his skills as a spellbreaker now and then. He still keeps his status as a Magister, though his relationship with Rommath is beyond hope of mending. If he is not out in an adventure, he can usually be found in the taverns of Orgrimmar.

Character’s personality:
He can be described as a friendly yet serious, but focused, highly intellectual, rational, and curious individual. Calimar finds it easy to make new friends and forge a strong bond with them. He is very social, outgoing, and calm. He has a sage-like aura radiating. Of all, he values intelligence and wit above all else. His days as a warmage had slightly changed him. As a result of intensive physical training, and by sheer experience, he had become a highly observant and overly-cautious person who is quick to act. He also prefers to keep to himself. He prefers to be the listener rather than the speaker. Of all things, Calimar hates betrayal, indecisiveness, and power-lust.

To be honest Calimar is actually quite deceptive. He can easily hide his true feelings or emotions from his friends, covering it all up with a shallow smile. Also, he has a tendency to act cynical or apathetic towards individuals of certain races, simply because he generally dislike those particular races. This usually happens when he encounter orcs, goblins, and sometimes night elves. He also bears a high degree of respect towards certain races, like the Draenei and Tauren. He is almost always hostile towards demons, labeling them as vile, malevolent, and manipulative. However, he is not the same as he was prior to the destruction of Quel’thalas. He is not as happy as he used to be.

What is your knowledge on the race or class you are applying for?:
Spellbreakers : these are mages who are so proficient that they have grown an immunity towards magic. They are similar with warmages, except that unlike them, spellbreakers are more of an anti-caster unit (and they’re probably a tier higher than warmages). They use double edged swords which can shatter the mana of an enemy caster and silence them. They can also steal magical effects and dominate summoned creatures. Spellbreakers are exclusive to blood elves. Their headquarters lie in the isle of Quel’danas, but they are very rare, and since the prince’s betrayal, are forbidden to train or teach others into becoming one.

Weaknesses :
- he bases his judgment by his experience and own perspective. He can be quite headstrong because of this
- although he has many friends, he has a solitary habit of doing mercenary jobs on his own. Whenever it comes to business, he prefers to be by himself.
- Calimar’s deep resentment towards demons can sometimes cloud his judgment
- in battle, although he has great resistance to magic, he can still take physical damage
- has a weakness for frost when specifically hits his torso, because the cold makes his scars cause pain
- holds grudges, and a simple “sorry” will not change his perspective towards people who have wronged him
- has a soft-spot when it comes to friends. Once you gain his trust, you automatically have a window to backstab him, which explains the previous weakness
- needs to constantly keep his emotions in check
- still requires to meditate to control his magical addiction

Strengths:
- he had studied in Dalaran for years. He had also hunted various magical artifacts. Combined, his intelligence and knowledge of the arcane is highly superior
- his natural resistance with arcane and magical resistance that he gained by training as a spellbreaker made him a good anti-magic unit
- he is quite proficient in wielding polearms and swords
- as a warmage, he is able to easily put pressure on the enemy because he utilizes both powerful spells and strong physical attacks
- he is not as addicted to magic as most blood elves

Do you agree to follow the rules of the server, and agree to not God-Mode, Meta-Game, etc:
Yes!

Back to top Go down
Rakos
High Chieftain
Rakos

Gold : 597
Renown : 13

Calimar Flamesong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calimar Flamesong   Calimar Flamesong EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 10:36 am

I sadly have a few gripes, regardless of how well written the application is.

First off:
Quote :
He then went to the Isle of Quel’danas to submit into further training to become a spelbreaker.
Quote :
After he was done with his training and became a fully certified spellbreaker,
Unfortunately this will not cut it. Please see https://tidesofthemaelstrom.forumotion.com/t344-prestige-issues and https://tidesofthemaelstrom.forumotion.com/t299-application-template#876 and make the changes required. We need to see more information regarding his training as a Spellbreaker.

My other issue is that, even if suggested in any way, TotM does not accept Spellbreakers as any sort of Mercenary and are disallowed to be fraternizing in lands that are not Blood Elven native (excluding Dalaran and Shattrath). This is due to the fact that they are strict members of the Blood Elven Military of Silvermoon. So seeing them in 'hubs' such as Booty Bay or the like will be seen as playing the class flat wrong and will likely be rescinded if approved.* As well, we do not except the mention of Spellbreakers being completely immune to magic, they are not. Players must chose a certain school of magic that they are masters at breaking (usually arcane or divine, the former being the most likely), but even then they are not immune. The Spellbreaker will be mediocre at best at breaking all other schools but are certainly capable of doing so. However, that being said, they are generally resistant to most forms of magic and even if hit, they take generally less damage and are therefore entitled to such a defense. All this is due to the fact that there is little mention of Spellbreakers outside the RPG, which tends to be a little overboard at times...

*This is to be expected of all members of Military throughout Azeroth and Draenor. Excluding organizations such as the Blood Knights, Kirin Tor, Silver Hand etc... As they tend to be closely related to Military but still separate.
Back to top Go down
https://tidesofthemaelstrom.forumotion.com
chaotic.rune

Calimar Flamesong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calimar Flamesong   Calimar Flamesong EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 11:43 am

My mistake on that, i didn't pay attention to the sticky as it was midnight when i wrote the application.
What if i instead apply as a warmage then? Will he be allowed to affiliate himself with other organizations? And i understand that they're not completely immune.
Or, what if he stays as a spellbreaker, but due to the 'extinction' of the class, he wasn't as strictly tied to the military?
Off-topic, is the game server down? I can't seem to be able to connect to the server.
Back to top Go down
Rakos
High Chieftain
Rakos

Calimar Flamesong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calimar Flamesong   Calimar Flamesong EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 12:01 pm

No worries, this was a recent change (as of today as I was reviewing these apps.) And if that is what you wish, then feel free.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'extinction' but just because Spellbreakers aren't prominent in WoW doesn't mean they aren't there. Take this quote from WoWPedia for example: "Spellbreakers are the most iconic front-line warriors of the Blood Elf troops."

The only way we would allow it is if he was retired (In which case I wouldn't want to see him involved with any sort of Military actions as it would be apparent that the player is a cop-out.) or something to that effect.

And I'm unaware of any issues regarding connection... Are they still persisting?

Back to top Go down
chaotic.rune

Calimar Flamesong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calimar Flamesong   Calimar Flamesong EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 12:11 pm

What i meant was that their numbers were already very thin to begin with, and after the destruction of Quel'thalas, they had lost quite a large chunk of their members. And although it is true, they are probably the most iconic, so far i haven't heard of the spellbreaker's leader, or any spellbreaker ever mentioned in quests and such.
Also, since the exact training course of a spellbreaker/warmage was never mentioned, am i allowed to make them up on my own?
About the connection problem, i was able to login to molten-wow, so i doubt that it was my internet. Whenever i try to login, it says something like 'cannot connect, please try again later.' And i've checked again several minutes earlier, but it's still the same.
Back to top Go down
Bearpants
Enforcer GM
Bearpants

Gold : 78
Renown : 6

Calimar Flamesong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calimar Flamesong   Calimar Flamesong EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 7:44 pm

The Spellbreakers are so small there is only like one squadron of them left, like 10-15 at most I would say if we needed to place a number to that. They are, definately, as Rakos said.. very exclusive to the Sin'dorei and really don't go into any areas outside of Quel'thalas and Quel'Danas. (Or Ban'Belore once that custom place is ready.)

I personally don't believe they would go into Dalaran and other neutral areas with Sin'dorei might frequent, but he can certainly have studied in Dalaran at one point in his life before being a Spell Breaker! But if he was retired as Rakos said.. I wouldn't be against him picking up a new form of work. -- But if he wasn't using his Spell Breaker abilities to his advantage. I think that'd be.. even more OP then just being a Spell Breaker in itself. xD

Spell Breakers also, only became something, or rather "appeared" during the Fall of Quel'Thalas.

--On connection issues, I might have typed your password wrongly in the PM, like a derp. Rakos can get the information for that if that's what happened.

~Bearpants
Back to top Go down
chaotic.rune

Calimar Flamesong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calimar Flamesong   Calimar Flamesong EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 9:32 pm

Hm, i'll apply for a warmage then.. Revision coming up soon
And, i doubt it was a password misspelling since i've managed to change it' and if it was the password, it would've said 'failed to authenticate'
Back to top Go down
Bearpants
Enforcer GM
Bearpants

Gold : 78
Renown : 6

Calimar Flamesong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calimar Flamesong   Calimar Flamesong EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 9:19 pm

Well hopefully you can get your issues resolved! Very Happy

I'll be looking forward to a revision, as well. I won't move this unless you'd like me to. If not, it'll stay here for a certain amount of time before moving to the Forge.

~Bearpants
Back to top Go down
Rakos
High Chieftain
Rakos

Calimar Flamesong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calimar Flamesong   Calimar Flamesong EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 11:54 am

Moving to Forge until the player wishes to edit the profile. Be sure to let us know when you've made your changes so we can move back to the Prestige Section.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Calimar Flamesong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calimar Flamesong   Calimar Flamesong Empty

Back to top Go down

Calimar Flamesong
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tides of the Maelstrom :: Server :: Forge-
Jump to: