Tides of the Maelstrom
Welcome to Tides of the Maelstrom!
Tides of the Maelstrom
Welcome to Tides of the Maelstrom!
Tides of the Maelstrom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Tides of the Maelstrom WoW Private 3.3.5a RP Server! Please view our Rules & Policies, Getting Started guide and the About Us forum under Server Information!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Tides of the Maelstrom is a World of Warcraft Private RP Server. These forums are in no way associated with Blizzard Entertainment. All images and text are property of their rightful owners.

Anarial Silverleaf

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
deathara1
deathara1

Gold : 57
Renown : 1

Anarial Silverleaf Empty
PostSubject: Anarial Silverleaf   Anarial Silverleaf EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 7:22 am

Player Name: Deathara1

Character Name: Anarial Silverleaf

Race: Sin'Dorei

Class: OOC: Rogue // IC: Runemaster

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Character's History:

Anarial sighed as she searched through her grandmother's stuff like she had countless times. She felt the silk dress as she usually did, taking in the soft feel of it. She kept looking through the stuff, knowing there was nothing to find. Out of frustration, she dumped the box. A soft thud was heard, and she turned to look at what had made the noise. On the top of the pile, there was a journal. On the front were runes that glowed softly. She walked over to it and picked it up. She examined the runes, to see what they said. "The name...Of the beloved one...Will open the secrets inside..." Anarial said to herself. "What is that supposed to mean.." she huffed. She put the book on the table in her home and sat in the chair in front of the table. She put her elbows on the table and her head in her hands, examining the runes. "The Beloved...Beloved..." she muttered. She had an idea and begin to say the names of everyone in her family. It seemed this did not work however. She turned the book over, to see if there was more. On the back she saw more runes, but they were fainter and harder to read. She looked closer and slowly read out loud. "The key is in the past.." the runes read. She sighed and placed the book on the table. "The only past I have of her is this box." she said to herself.

For the next few days she sat on the floor with the box, looking through everything carefully. "Nothing makes sense to me. All of this stuff looks old and useless." she said. She gathered the small pile of letters and began to flip through them again. "Nothing but writing, signed by a Calvin Dassil. How is any of this suppossed to help me?" she said in frustration. She began to read through the letters, this time taking time to read each line carefully. "He keeps calling her beloved, but that doesn't make sense. Unless..." she gasped and stood up. She took the book in her hand and looked at the bottom of the letter. "Calvin Dassil" she whispered. The book flared brightly and the enchantment over it faded. "I guess grandfather wasn't her true lover then.." Anarial said as she opened the cover. "To my lovely Anarial, may you understand my actions once and for all if you ever read this. You will always be in my heart." was writtien on the first page. Anarial shook her head and turned the page. Inside she saw this.

Quote :
Cursed or blessed with my affinity for magic, honed and repeatedly perfected practices of magic as a young adult to my old ages. Throughout my time I have stood with a watchful gaze over my people, aiding in every endevor since my arrogant noble birth. I have observed countless wars, big and small, alien invaders laying to siege to our forests, and even aspired towards the growing turmoil of the reckless usage of human magic. Their lineage have all but died out, breaking the treaty between elven kind and the foolish young mortals, I retired back in Silvermoon prone to the ailment of old age, something that no one can escape. As I sit here now scrambling the last elusive thoughts possessed by this crippling vessel. I can only recall the prior events to the Third War. Those accursed humans and their ignorant self-proclamation birth right to wield magic as they see fit. It was only through the Third War that my eyes were opened to the impending darkness upon the horizon. Death was ensured to follow one daring human prince. Arthas Menethil. He sought to seize our precious well for his own gain. How is it that a human unraveled centuries of tradition. I failed as a grand magister and amongst people.

During the Third War due to a misled sense of arrogance and pride for my people I rose to fight off the impending scourge that demolished Silvermoon and the rest of Quel'Thalas to get to the Sunwell. Failing not only as a grand magister but as a Quel'Dorei, I died and was ressurected by the Scourge as one of the many fallen Quel'Dorei that failed their people. I went from being the proud, happy patriot I was in life to a twisted and cruel weapon of destruction in death.

Many years have I suffered under the Dogma of the Scourge. My hands however tied in the matter as my mind was ensnared with a leashed collar. Biding my time under the extensive teachings in Scholomance. Thankfully it was destroyed, or so I think. For many years I went under extensive schooling in the halls of Scholomance. My mind was twisted and altered by the Scourge's teaching, disrupting my personality. I now refer to Kel'Thuzad as a grand magister.

It's been years since then who knew the impossible actually to be possible, my spirit twisted and imbued back into this rotting carcass, eternal life perhaps? My mind ensnared by the Lich King's whim and through alluring whispers and unspeakable truths landing me in Acherus to aid the Lich King in his new daring plans. I helped him raise corpses of newly fresh potential Death Knights. When the Ebon Blade rebelled I was among them and I was freed along with the rest of my brethen at Light's Hope Chapel bearing an unfathomable rage, breaking the Lich King's will and whispers. Unable to accept what the Sin'Dorei had become I moved on with my life and joined the Ebon Blade. I was with them for years studying the art of necromancy and learning to use it against the Scourge. Come the fall of the Lich King I left the Ebon Blade to find a more quiet life.

It is here as each thought bears itself down upon like a sack of bricks and the guilt churning my gut had I still possessed any left over organs. I feel betrayed. My cousins, now the Sin'Dorei, became everything I fought to protect against. Falling to insolent practice of magic for self preservation with no respect for themselves. The world is wronged by such endeavors with speak of Warlockism and demons. Let it be jotted down for a future generation to read the rambles of an old necromantic ghost of the past like myself stationed in the Ebon Blade. The world itself is spinning on a new axis. I cannot say I approve of this but as a new sun arises, so shall my conquest and fury meet those foolish enough to participate in the dark arts.

She was stunned and confused. The stories she had been told about her grandmother betraying Silvermoon had been false all along? She turned the page to see another entry. The cover page was written as "The life of my granddaughter, Anarial."

Quote :
My dear, dear Anarial. I have watched you every morning, and every evening. From birth, to your life now. Although I've never been actually present in your life, I watch you. I may never be able to see you face to face, due to the condition I am in, but I took the time of my undeath to write your life from my view.

You were born in Silvermoon City. Your father is a runemaster, much like you, but you never knew that. Your mother is an arcane mage, and quite skilled. Magic runs in your blood Anarial, never forget that. You grew up on the leftovers of my money, and the money your parents made. Your childhood consisted of not talking to many people. You were always polite, and the prettiest child. Your mother was very kind to you, and so was your father. You always had food, clothing, and an education. Both of your parents taught you the ways of the arcane when you were young. You took a liking to Runic Magic, so your mother slowly faded out of your training and your father took over. You were always a visual person, and seemed to think things through.

As your training continued, you were able to choose your basic rune. You chose the rune of starlight. "The pattern that results from heavy starlight upon rock, the rune of starlight allows the runemaster to foresee those attacks that are aimed at them. Good choice Anarial." Your father said to you proudly. You smiled back at him, and continued your training. He showed you other runes, and other abilities, but the rune of starlight was always your favorite.

Time passed and you grew up. You felt it was time to leave and set out to learn further on your own. You said your goodbyes to your father and your mother. They were both sad and proud to see their daughter amount to something. Your ancestors were known for being Ley Walkers, and from what they saw you'd be one too perhaps if you applied for yourself.

Now, you live in your house, training and searching for a place that you can settle down in permanently. Your parents were kind enough to give you money to start with, and as you traveled you made your own. I fear my time is growing short, and I have other matters to attend to. If the gods are good, then you will find this journal one day. I hope with what feelings I have left that you make something of yourself in this world.

Anarial sighs and closes the book. She sets it down before rubbing her eyes. "Wherever she is now....I hope she knows that I love her." Anarial says. She stands up and stretches her back before heading across the room to her bed. She lays in it and looks up at the ceiling, thinking about what she read before falling asleep.

Character's Personality:

Anarial's personality is that of most happy people. She content with most things, and living on her own has taught her responsibility, caution, safety, and sharpness. She quick on her feet, and the rune of starlight helps sharpen her sense of danger. When in a battle, she uses her swiftness and abilities to render her foes immobile. She never kills, unless it's absolutely needed, and prefers to escape. She's a fierce protecter of her friends, and seeks to find a place she can fit in.

Anarial has a few mementos from her family. She has the journal of her grandmother, a ring from her father, a locket from her mother, and the runes of starlight. The journal is a reminder of the truth, and of her life. It taught her that actions may not always be what they seem to be on the outside. The ring, given to her by her father, is a symbol of protection. He promised her when she was little that he'd always be with her. The ring is a hearthstone of sorts, in case she ever wants to come home. The locket her mother gave her shows her love and affection. Inside the locket, her mother created an arcane image of her and her parents. When she opens it, it displays an image of her parents smiling and waving at her. She keeps it with her wherever she goes.

What is your knowledge on the race or class you are applying for?:

Race: Medium-High
Class: Medium

I've roleplayed blood elves before, and am quite good at it. I've seen a Runemaster roleplayed before, and in a storyline I had before a runemaster was my travelling companion, so I understand them enough to have the basics down. I'm still reading lore to put links and connections together to understand it better.

Weaknesses:

Clouded - Her emotions could her judgment when it comes to personal affairs

Trustworthy - She trusts people, and sometimes a little too much. As seen with her grandmother, she trusted that the rumors were true, and they turned out to be false.

Strengths:

Rune of Starlight - With a type of foresight, the rune has saved her life a few times.

Sharpness - Her sight and ears have been sharpened by living on her own. She's constantly alert, and is a light sleeper. Some say she has the eyes of a hunter, but she thinks it's just an adaptation most people gain as they live on their own.

Do you agree to follow the rules of the server, and agree to not God-Mode, Meta-Game, etc:

Yes and yes.

Last edited by deathara1 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stormhowl
Brave
Stormhowl

Gold : 23

Anarial Silverleaf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anarial Silverleaf   Anarial Silverleaf EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 1:14 pm

I've looked over your application and I've some constructive criticism, things that could be sharpened up in my opinion.

- I think you need a little more done in both weakness and strength. You can do a little better.

- Your history doesn't seem very elven to me, but of course I roleplay my elves very different - strict guidelines on how I do.

- Please, do not forget about progression.

- In my opinion, the runemaster path is not very traveled or thought of by the Sin'dorei.

- You can provide a lot more in what you actually know about Runemasters. Which is what is meant by "What knowledge do you have on the race/class you are applying for."

Thank you for applying and we'll get back to you once these corrections are made or when more feedback is required. As well with seeing this character IC during some RP. Stay golden,
- Stormhowl.
Back to top Go down
deathara1
deathara1

Anarial Silverleaf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anarial Silverleaf   Anarial Silverleaf EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 1:22 pm

When I posted this I wasn't aware of the progression. I'll have to do a bit of research into that, and I'll take your criticism into consideration. The progression thing isn't exactly explained that well, so I don't fully understand it. Does it mean we start from a lower tier and work our way up? As for the blood elf runemaster, I chose it because runemasters can evolve into Ley Walkers, which is my goal. Blood elves have a natural talent for magic, seeming that combining these two would make it possible. And since it's arcane-based, I figured it wouldn't be unheard of by the Sin'Dorei.

As for what I know, I'm currently waiting on a pdf file of More Magic and Mayhem to read about them and unserstand them better. Thank you for the constructive criticism and I'll be sure to incorporate what you said into this application. Feel free to move to Forge since I have to do some researching before I can edit it.
Back to top Go down
Bearpants
Enforcer GM
Bearpants

Gold : 78
Renown : 6

Anarial Silverleaf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anarial Silverleaf   Anarial Silverleaf EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 1:32 pm

Your history is lacking in how a Runemaster as a whole works. It lacks how she got the runes she might have, amongst other things.

Elven society wise, yes, I feel it is lacking as well.
But Runemasters don't take much to society; but they are not shunned. Runemaster isn't something someone wakes up and goes, "Oh, I want to be a Runemaster!"

That's another thing, where is her description? Sad

The way progression works is you really just need to RP up to the point where you become a true Runemaster. Like a Felblood starting as a normal person and progressively roleplaying the changes into a full fledge one. We just need to see that it is getting RP'd out to an extent. And it will be best to ask a GM when it might suitable to finally apply something you want with progression!

I'll leave this here for now but I'll move it to forge later so you can work on it.

~Bearpants

Last edited by Bearpants on Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
deathara1
deathara1

Anarial Silverleaf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anarial Silverleaf   Anarial Silverleaf EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 1:54 pm

Thank you, I wrote this late at night too, so my brain wasn't functioning fully. I'll work on it when it's moved, and make this better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Anarial Silverleaf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anarial Silverleaf   Anarial Silverleaf Empty

Back to top Go down

Anarial Silverleaf
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tides of the Maelstrom :: Server :: Forge-
Jump to: