Tides of the Maelstrom
Welcome to Tides of the Maelstrom!
Tides of the Maelstrom
Welcome to Tides of the Maelstrom!
Tides of the Maelstrom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Tides of the Maelstrom WoW Private 3.3.5a RP Server! Please view our Rules & Policies, Getting Started guide and the About Us forum under Server Information!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Tides of the Maelstrom is a World of Warcraft Private RP Server. These forums are in no way associated with Blizzard Entertainment. All images and text are property of their rightful owners.

Kal'Dun the Everlasting, Nathrezim

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Deaysat

Gold : 4
Renown : 0

Kal'Dun the Everlasting, Nathrezim Empty
PostSubject: Kal'Dun the Everlasting, Nathrezim   Kal'Dun the Everlasting, Nathrezim EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 8:03 am

Kal'Dun the Everlasting, Nathrezim WoWScrnShot_052410_195453
Credit goes to Enkas for the picture. He's awesome like that.

*Player Name:

Deaysat.

Character Name:

Kal'Dun the Everlasting

*Race:

Nathrezim

*Class:

Warlock-Necromancer hybrid

Ancient, probably older than Azeroth itself, no number can be given.

Legion Overseer, infiltrator.

*Alignment:

Chaotic Neutral

*Character's Appearance:

Everyone knows bedtime stories, which fortell mosters from afar. Or Demons from the darkness. Or Evil creatures from under your bed. Yes, we all heard them as children. But as we grew older, we forgot about them. They were only fairy tales, anyways.

Or were they?

Kal'Dun is exactly everything one should fear, if they value life. This towering construct of red, orange and purple stands on two coal-like hooves, at around nine feet, not counting in the gnome-sized horns on each side of his temples, which are made from his black bones. His from Fel tanned skintone, together with a shade of purple adorning his body, makes up for a pretty disturbing image of Fear itself. The quite muscular build of his chest, together with the viciously long razor claws on his hands give up the intimidation and respect this demon should deserve.
However, he is not completely nude, as he wears a set chainmail to mail armor on his chest, hands, and legs, covering his most vital parts from arrows and backstabbing daggers, which he suffered enough already. Around his body, a pair of magestic wings sproud from his back, covering his whole body in battle, and carrying the heavy demon across the soon-to-be conqured world of Azeroth.

His eyes appear to have nothing in it but white, with a single cat-like pupil, black as his heart, in his right eye. His left eye, is simply completely white, with a red wave of thin blood twirling in it. Under his upper lip, two longer fangs could be seen, everytime he forms his malicious smirk. Yet, what makes the overseer known, is his always thinking expression, from the betrayal and his assault, to his victories over mortals.

*Character's History:

"It's weird how a great part of my life was just...Floating in nothingness. Waiting for someone to come and release me and my brethren. It was quite the acomplishment that we managed to turn our to-be saviour on the right track. Our now great lord, the dark Titan Sargeras released us just in time. And he even offered us a spot in the newly formed faction, which we proudly call out even to this day. The Burning legion. Our armies are endless. merciless. And cunning. We have conquered planets. Destroyed civilizations...Yes, that was the peak of my fun. Sadly, as I know too good, nothing goes according to plan every time.

The released demons, commanders and leaders as they were, we quickly got briefed by our great Lord, now what our plans were.

The first big mistake we did, was to underastimate those barbarians, who managed to lure out great Lord to their planet. This cursed planed named Azeroth. It was supposed to be an easy victory, but didn't. Why? Because my generals became too blinded by their own egocentrical might, and underastimated the enemy. They used that in their advantage. They have denied access to Sargeras with the destruction of the portal. Soon enough, we were ordered to retreat back to the nether.

Yes, those times were frustrating. Anger was all around. Our Lord wasn't happy at all. And we, the unseen ones were tasked to gather intel on the race called Kaldorei. Which soon enough grew tails, and gills. Funny how those barbarians work.

Our next invasion was soon after we have discovered Draenor. Yes, the Eredar Kil'Jaden and Nerhul led it. We stormed the planet. And we did something which I really enjoyed. We made the little muscle bags go corrupt, and sent them marching down to Azeroth. Barbarians killing barbarians...Thrilling. However, someone thought that a war could be won with muscles only. idiots. The Orcs were defeated.

Yet, the invasion wasn't a failure after all. Nerzhul proclaimed himself the Lich King, and gave birth to the scourge. Ah, my little sons...Undeath is so beautiful. In the time of the Lich King testing his new strenghts and rising an army for himself, I started to dwell deeper into the necromancer path myself. The Scourge necro-lords have proven at least decent at explaining. However, the tomes I found, long lost and recovered by the Scourge, did indeed help. Soon enough, learing faster than the dumb mortals in ranks, I, in return for aditional training, have taken up the teachings to the newer ranks. Well, let's just say that just a few passed. You don't talk back to a -teaching- Dreadlord. But, at least the Scourge proved himself a better listener than the rest of
Azeroth.

Yes, the undead finished what the orcs started. Archimond vouleteered to bring the new armies of death and Fel tot he so called elvish World Tree. But, as sad as it is. Someone, -again-, thought that the pesky barbarians wouldn't put up a fight. They blew up the tree together with half our forces deployed on the planet at that moment. Uhh...Not a sight to see. And the next events in the Nether with Sargeras...I rather not name it.

Times passed, and I was ordered to gather more intel on the mortal barbarians on Azeroth, so we could strike again. Only this time, with a proper plan. I have managed to establish several cults of demons and Warlocks alike. But as much as I tried, I got betrayed. my lieutenants, my servants...Everything. That Grand betrayal left me with nothing but hate. I should of seen it coming.

Yet, my temporary disablement didn't take too long. Only this time, I have decided to leave the cult making to other, more stupid beings, may it be demon, or barbarian. myself...Ah...I enjoy learing everything I need to through espionage. One would be surprise how quickly you can learn everything, when you simply look as they want you to. Those barbarians wont live for long. the Dark lord will have his vengance on this cursed planet, and the Overseer will be there to witness it.

I personally, was sent to report directly from Azeroth, as much as I disliked that idea. Well, I really only started when I found a wandering patrol of what appeared to be soliders. It wasn't hard making a distraction, and luring a lone patrol towards me. He didn't really knew what hit him, until he was already dead, and me in my new...a bit pink, suit of a male human, named Christopher Sagitto, a footman for the Kul'Tiras faction. Let's just say, that with a bit of persuasion and blackmailing, I managed to rise to an enough high rank, to be in charge of a small vessel, the Burning Desire, as they called it.

At that point, it was dificult to keep learning my new trait, then people were all around me. I had to be discrete, and, at some point, even tossing one or two marines, that got to close, overboard. I wasn't planning on getting found out that soon. Soon enough, though. I started perfecting the trait, rising stronger minions from the dead. All they needed, was a weapon and orders. All that would be given in due time. Soon.

As me and my crew sailed one day, we were ambushed by pirates. My men, useless as they were, really couldn't stop the assault. However, the pirates really did drop their weapons when they saw what powers the Legion trully holds. I summoned a pair of Dreadsteeds, and let them charge trough the closed door, at the pirates. Before they'd know what hit them, though. My 'crew' came back to life. This time, more than capable of fending back the bunch of pirates. Some were killed, and some jumped overboard. There were a couple, though, who swore their allegance to me in exchange for life. That day, was from then known as the creation of the Fel Flame Cult.

Word quickly spread about this little cult of mine. And soon enough, I had warlocks, and legion supporters looking around for me. However, that made things a little bit difficult to maintain. The number of spies in my rank was rapidly increasing. Not only the mortals. The lesser demons also. They decided to assassinate me on the day of a ritual. My own apprentice tried to strike me down, damaging my left eye in the process. Luckily, I still had enough true supporters, like my butler, to keep the little rebelion from puting a stop in my plans. Many capable little puppets were slain that day, and I disbanded the cult all-together.

With almost no manpower now, I had to think of a new way of gathering useful information. That is when I met a little warlock by the name of Kalados. A noble of a quel'dorei family, turned Sin'dorei by our power. He openly seaked me out, and offered his life, services, soul, if he could be given one thing. Revenge. Seeing the potential in a noble host, I accepted, and once we got rid of a few rivals, Kalados openly accepted his end of the bargain, and given me his body as a tool.

With this Sin'Dorei apperiance, I began to visit the lands of the blood elves, and Outlands. From there, all of the Horde aligned cities as well, slowly learning more of our foes. Little did I expect such resistance, building. From personal armies, to brotherhoods of slavers. However, as expected, most of them were corrupt. Accepting payment in gold, and mortal desires. Every little man calling himself a god. It's sad, really.

The intel was there, at least. Everything that I learned, and every name that could be troublesome, it went down on a list. It still does. Not like before. I'll not allow any mistakes in our next plan.

Glory to the Legion!"

*Character's Personality:

He is never pleased, and never has enough. His apetite for pain and misery is far larger than the need of a mortal to breath air. Every victory only postpons his thirst for complete and utter domination, and every defeat only lights up his hate more. And where his brethren look forward to build up an massive army, and display their powers openly, he has a large distrust on practically everyone, due to his grim history. He always only a handfull of followers, and even then he has a hard way of trusting. Paranoid is the word one could describe his as, and is therefore openly avoiding any "demonical meetings", unless his presence is requested personally.

He, by heart, is an infitrator, is will rarely show his true form, if he is following a plan. Mortals are his lesser skin, as he calls it. And they aren't usable for much more than inflicting pain to their own kin for the greater demon masters.

What is a notable trait of Kal'Dun, is also his hate for arrogance, bragging, open display of power. if there is one thing he hates with a passion, is where somebody says, or act just remotely like that. As a Nathrezim, he is silent, cunning, and thoughtful. he stays silent, says almost nothing, and then proves his point in actions. Words are meaningless. Words and pointless ego measures are for lowlife humans and pest. If he sees anyone doing that, you can easily get on Kal's bad side. And that is something you generally try and avoid. The Overseer oversees all.

Even though Kal'Dun is some sort of an remarkable oponent in both casting and close-combat, he enjoys forcing people to fight for him even much. There's nothing sweeter than a paladin striking his supposed 'harlot' wife down, because a 'wise old man' told him.

What is your knowledge on the race or class you are applying for?:

What I know about Nathrezims? uh...They are pretty faced sparkly sugarplumkins, drink a lot tea in Stormwind, and marry women because they left the Legion.

...Oh wait. Something is wrong.

Yeah. Anyways, now that that is out of the way.

Nathrezim, or Dreadlords, are high ranked winged demons, mainly ranking around Commander of the Legion. They are a vampiristic alike race, who focus on tactics, planning, and wargames. They are a fright to see. Formidable casters of corrupted Arcane, demonical magic, and unholy magic, and the so called fathers of necromancy. For whoknowshowlong, they were imprissioned, and only after corrupting the Dark Titan Sargeras, they were released by said demon, and recruited into the Legion. Both because of their descrutive nature, and manipulative skills. They can easily force even a strong willed mortal to bow down and clean their shoes, if done correctly.

They are also capable of taking complete control of a mortal's body, acting, and knowing what they did. That by itself makes them a threat to every living thing in existance, because they are untrackable. They are thal'kituun, the unseen ones. A thing one must remember, is that the one rule every Nathrezim follows, is the so called "Bro-code". (Yes, that is a techical term). Which forbids them to kill a brother, no matter what the excuse might be. Adding to that, they appear to be undying. Killing them would in most cases result in them reforming in the twisting nether.

Now, I could go on about their traits, powers and such, but I think even thought it is short, I got everything covered. No need for a whole essay.

*Weaknesses:

-[Insert witty, or forced joke here] His personality, that of a hateful demon dowards ego-clashing, can and did make him a disliked inviduidual, and maybe even a target for revenge.
-[Insert witty, or forced joke here] Distrusting as he is, he does not have a giant army backing up his every step, and gaining allies is quite difficult.
-[Insert witty, or forced joke here] He is blind on his left eye, due to a curse from his former apprentice, which makes him less effective, if you are coming from the left side.
-[Insert witty, or forced joke here] Just as his eye, his left leg is cursed as well, by a different servant in the betrayal. He is unable to run at all.
-[Insert witty, or forced joke here] As a demon with almost helfire floating through his weins, cold is a formidable enemy to this Demon.
-[Insert witty, or forced joke here] Due to a really close and unpleasant first date with a very specific goblin sapper, which ended with him being blown apart by a barrel ful of explosions, he has a phobia of goblins.

*Strengths:

-[Insert witty, or forced joke here] it is to note, that Kal'Dun could be considered a warmage, due to him not only csting, but sometimes also picking up a weapon. That makes an easier target, but also a surprise for his enemies.
-[Insert witty, or forced joke here] His knowledge and spellpower, as with most Nathrezim, could par up easily with an Archmage.
-[Insert witty, or forced joke here] Thanks to a ritual, his wings aren't a weak spot, and can easily use them as a shield to cover his whole body against spells.
-[Insert witty, or forced joke here] He is a master of tricks, deception and lies, and will use that to his advantage.

*Do you agree to follow the rules of the server, and agree to not God-Mode, Meta-Game, etc:

Yes, I agree to follow the rules of the server, and agree to not God-Mod, Meta-game, etc.

Last edited by Deaysat on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bearpants
Enforcer GM
Bearpants

Gold : 78
Renown : 6

PostSubject: Re: Kal'Dun the Everlasting, Nathrezim   Kal'Dun the Everlasting, Nathrezim EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 12:51 pm

Lol, I always loved his phobia of goblins..

I think he's good to go, in my eyes. I know you are fully capable of RPing him; I've seen this character played out, even, various times. I hope I'm not sounding biased!

The others might ask for more in history; but really.. There isn't much history you can give a demon. Perhaps just more of what he's done later on or recently in RPs.

But, regardless.. You have my vote. Be good! <3

~Bearpants
Back to top Go down
Stormhowl
Brave
Stormhowl

Gold : 23
Renown : 1

PostSubject: Re: Kal'Dun the Everlasting, Nathrezim   Kal'Dun the Everlasting, Nathrezim EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 12:28 am

A nathrezim is a truly power and cunning demon. A race like this, cannot be given lightly. So, here are my notes on what you can improve on.

- History. It's hard to give history for a demon, but you could provide something more. Or at least longer paragraphs.

- Weakness could use a bit of a tune up, as well as strengths.

- Also, my personal opinion is that.. if a demon is older then Azeroth. He must've been born before the creation of the universe.

He seems very overpowered, don't get me wrong they're a very powerful race. But, it makes me very uneasy to trust anyone with that sort of power. Honestly, I'd rather see you RP before I allow anyone this powerful role and race. Even with the small tunings, bud. I'm going to say "no" to this. Stay golden,
- Stormhowl.
Back to top Go down
Deaysat

PostSubject: Re: Kal'Dun the Everlasting, Nathrezim   Kal'Dun the Everlasting, Nathrezim EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 9:14 am

Thank you, Bearpants, for your kind words.

And, Stormhowl, thank you for your reply. Allow me to respond.

"- History. It's hard to give history for a demon, but you could provide something more. Or at least longer paragraphs. "

Very well. I'll be adding more (a bit useless filler) history to the application.

- Weakness could use a bit of a tune up, as well as strengths.

Pardon me, but why? A half-blind crippled demon, who can barely go anywhere cold, and doesn't have a plethoria of minions behind him as usual Dreadlords do do to distrust....Is not of a weakness enough? What do you wish me to tune up, if I may be so blunt.

As for strengths, allow me to respond in a familiar way, why? You already stated he appeared overpowered (even though in my personal opinion, he's quite balanced), I don't see why I should tune up that even more.

"- Also, my personal opinion is that.. if a demon is older then Azeroth. He must've been born before the creation of the universe."

No one knows how long they were imprisioned. When, or why. If they're even from this plane of existance. They existed before the Old Gods were defeated, that's a safe bet. So he's probably older than any living being on the planet. But, it doesn't really matter. I put "probably" there for a reason.

Where I do appreciate your response, I do find it a bit disheartening saying you're declining this without at least giving me a chance to reply. I will add some history anyways, and hope for the best. Not like I have anything else to do.
Back to top Go down
Deaysat

PostSubject: Re: Kal'Dun the Everlasting, Nathrezim   Kal'Dun the Everlasting, Nathrezim EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 9:35 am

I apologise for double posting, but.
History enhanced.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kal'Dun the Everlasting, Nathrezim   Kal'Dun the Everlasting, Nathrezim EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 8:09 pm

Kal'dun!

An old friend and a very good sight to see once more, having been around in your time RPing I've loved Kal'dun as one of the few Nathrezim I've approved of, (myself as a GM and as a Demon RPer) in the past. Even having gone as far as allying you as a Demon Lord, or serving you as a lesser Demon, on both occasions have been very fun roleplay.

Although I may sound bias from the writing above I'd like to speak a little about your application. I have found a few things that would, be most necessary including in your application.

Age: Age.. Well, I'll have to bluntly say that, being older than Azeroth itself is quite mandatory unless you're purposely a relatively young Nathrezim.. As I see, you are quite the old one, and such dates go back to before Sargaras was corrupt.. Which was a very -very- long time ago. Plenty of the exiled 'Draenei' can easily be much older than Azeroth, too. (You must think that, Sargaras was corrupt over the time he jailed the Nathrezim -then- he went and offered the 'Draenei/Eredar' power.) Older than Azeroth, kplz.

History: I'm sure I've read a bit of this in the past, it looks familiar, and very nice to read - interesting which is the main thing. Despite the inevitable few spelling mistakes I see <3 I think that including Necromancy -IF- your Nathrezim tends to use it as much as he favours shadow and such.. If not then stfu J3st3r, gawd.

Weaknesses: I think that your weaknesses are quite good, you've incapacitated him in two main areas which are quite vital body parts, his mentality is affected by other weaknesses and a traumatizing past. You've included combat and phobias, for even a Demon. For that, I'm not sure how the GMs see it now, but it looks good.

Strengths: I'm going to say that this is the worst part I saw. Only for the fact of your second Strength.

::-I loved the first Strength, I found that it was quite different to what other Nathrezim have done and beneficial due to his disability with his leg - so a witty Demon indeed Smile
::-Third Strength, nice /thumb up
::-Fourth Strength just shows that you know very well how Nathrezim go about their business, fighting one versus one is extremely rare despite their spellcasting strength, they'd prefer to spend however much of their immortality needed to worm their way in to society and burn them from the inside out, very nice.

::-Second Strength. Archmage is only a title, do not fret Wink Nathrezim lead Legions of the Burning Legion - they were the beings that corrupted a Titan Sargaras, a Human without that Archmagi title is only a Mage... Squish them, Kal'dun... Squish them all.

Other than that, just thought I'd throw my input in there, good to see Kal'dun again and I hope things go as smooth as a Bachy's bottom.

~J3styyy
Back to top Go down
Rakos
High Chieftain
Rakos

Gold : 597
Renown : 13

PostSubject: Re: Kal'Dun the Everlasting, Nathrezim   Kal'Dun the Everlasting, Nathrezim EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 11:49 am

I still have yet to see the extra six or so paragraphs required for his Necromancer portion. The minimum for this particular app (since you want Nath and Necro) would be 14 paragraphs. At least eight designated to the race itself and the other six for the Necromancer class. If you so wish, you can remove the Necromancer portion and we will focus on Nathrezim.
Back to top Go down
https://tidesofthemaelstrom.forumotion.com
deathara1
deathara1

Gold : 57
Renown : 1

PostSubject: Re: Kal'Dun the Everlasting, Nathrezim   Kal'Dun the Everlasting, Nathrezim EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 3:56 pm

Aren't Nathrezim necromancers by default..? Look at the Scourge for example. They were formed -from- the Nathrezim, so why would they need extra paragraphs since it's incorporated into the class by default? o.o
Back to top Go down
Rakos
High Chieftain
Rakos

PostSubject: Re: Kal'Dun the Everlasting, Nathrezim   Kal'Dun the Everlasting, Nathrezim EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 5:33 pm

Nathrezim are not Necromancers by default, most are simply Arcanists. They are indeed more prone to be Necromancers and learn it differently, I'd still like to see his experimenting with the art.
Back to top Go down
Deaysat

PostSubject: Re: Kal'Dun the Everlasting, Nathrezim   Kal'Dun the Everlasting, Nathrezim EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 7:16 am

quote from Wiki:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Necromancer

"The origins of necromancy date back to the First War when Gul'dan's necrolytes developed the ability to raise corpses to serve as skeleton warriors in the Horde. But necromancers have been around since the beginning of the Nathrezim race, who were the first ever known beings to raise Undead from Night Elven corpses (as seen in the War of the Ancients novel)."

As I said in a talk with you before, the Nathrezim are the fathers of necromancy. Being fist known beings to raise corpses, there is no one that they could learn from. There are no books on how this art works. The only posible thing is, that they learned it from each other. Then again, how did only some learn it, seeing as they were all imprisioned together?

Back to top Go down
Rakos
High Chieftain
Rakos

PostSubject: Re: Kal'Dun the Everlasting, Nathrezim   Kal'Dun the Everlasting, Nathrezim EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 11:06 am

Guys, I'm well aware of this. I still need to see more on him using and building up his skill with Necromancy. End of story.

Last edited by Rakos on Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bearpants
Enforcer GM
Bearpants

Gold : 78
Renown : 6

PostSubject: Re: Kal'Dun the Everlasting, Nathrezim   Kal'Dun the Everlasting, Nathrezim EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 10:17 pm

Was told by Rakos that this should be fine to head into trial now. Congrats, my dear!

~Bearpants
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kal'Dun the Everlasting, Nathrezim   Kal'Dun the Everlasting, Nathrezim Empty

Back to top Go down

Kal'Dun the Everlasting, Nathrezim
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tides of the Maelstrom :: Server :: Prestige Section :: Trial-
Jump to: