Tides of the Maelstrom
Welcome to Tides of the Maelstrom!
Tides of the Maelstrom
Welcome to Tides of the Maelstrom!
Tides of the Maelstrom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Tides of the Maelstrom WoW Private 3.3.5a RP Server! Please view our Rules & Policies, Getting Started guide and the About Us forum under Server Information!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Tides of the Maelstrom is a World of Warcraft Private RP Server. These forums are in no way associated with Blizzard Entertainment. All images and text are property of their rightful owners.

Character Additem & Revenue

Go down 
+2
CyberLord
Rakos
6 posters

Keep or Trash?
Keep the Revenue system and allow GMs to add items via ticket.
Character Additem & Revenue I_vote_lcap83%Character Additem & Revenue I_vote_rcap
 83% [ 5 ]
Trash the Revenue system and keep the .character additem command. (Bear in mind this option will likely lead to more confusion about Guild Headquarters and Player owned properties in the future.)
Character Additem & Revenue I_vote_lcap17%Character Additem & Revenue I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Rakos
High Chieftain
Rakos

Gold : 597
Renown : 13

Character Additem & Revenue Empty
PostSubject: Character Additem & Revenue   Character Additem & Revenue EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 2:53 am

The purpose of this thread is to discuss the removal of the .character additem command and Revenue. Before you make a decision I would highly suggest you read what I have to write on the matter. If you've yet to read the announcement, see here.

I personally would hate to see the Revenue system go without first being given a chance. Removing the system so early will result in future difficulty regarding Player owned properties and Guild Halls as "Influence", our Guild currency which will allow for Guild expansion, will also have to be removed. That being said, players will still be able to have items and such added to their inventory via opening a ticket. There will be no limit as to what you may have (other than legendary/lore items). One thing to keep in mind is that we will not be removing the other current commands. Players will still be able to look up items, create guilds and add item sets.

If you have any questions, feel free to reply.
Back to top Go down
https://tidesofthemaelstrom.forumotion.com
CyberLord
Brave

Gold : 26
Renown : 0

PostSubject: Re: Character Additem & Revenue   Character Additem & Revenue EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 4:35 am

Yeah, give it a chance, it should be at least tried.
Back to top Go down
Vemenko
Brave
Vemenko

Gold : 120
Renown : 2

PostSubject: Re: Character Additem & Revenue   Character Additem & Revenue EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:12 am

Then the problem is finding a GM online to answer the ticket. Unless you plan to have a time based on the server time that you(or another GM) would be on so that people can have their items spawned/gifted/traded on them. Or you do something like other private serers do and send it over mail and those that want the items have thirty days to get on and recieve them.
Back to top Go down
CyberLord
Brave

Gold : 26
Renown : 0

PostSubject: Re: Character Additem & Revenue   Character Additem & Revenue EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:48 am

Probably the solution is the 2nd you said.
Back to top Go down
sleikas11
Builder GM
sleikas11

Gold : 168
Renown : 5

PostSubject: Re: Character Additem & Revenue   Character Additem & Revenue EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:51 am

Stupid question, why not just make an npc whitch gives certain items? alot of other rp servers uses that, I know it's alto of work but still..
Back to top Go down
Rakos
High Chieftain
Rakos

PostSubject: Re: Character Additem & Revenue   Character Additem & Revenue EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 8:22 pm

I've been working on an NPC script but I can't seem to get the WorldDBQuery to work properly. The idea was to make an NPC that will allow you to type in an ID and the item would be added.

I'm still working on it but it's likely I'll need some help.
Back to top Go down
Vemenko
Brave
Vemenko

Gold : 120
Renown : 2

PostSubject: Re: Character Additem & Revenue   Character Additem & Revenue EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 9:43 pm

On a side note when will the '.char additemset' command be re-instated?
Back to top Go down
MagicalRaccoon
Brave
MagicalRaccoon

Gold : 71
Renown : 6

PostSubject: Re: Character Additem & Revenue   Character Additem & Revenue EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 1:04 am

I don't believe players should be able to do .additem commands. I believe it should be a temporary solution until you just allow us to mod gold, and make a mall that has every item that's not related to your IC stuff, like clothing.
Back to top Go down
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/7/2/K8F9axLApU6MgVwVgRiriw
sleikas11
Builder GM
sleikas11

PostSubject: Re: Character Additem & Revenue   Character Additem & Revenue EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 2:11 am

Well I am a gm and I can't additem, hell I can't even level myself xD

ANYWAY rakos I have a script for trinity for that npc somewhere if you could send me the script I can check it, I want to see how diffrent are they
Back to top Go down
Rakos
High Chieftain
Rakos

PostSubject: Re: Character Additem & Revenue   Character Additem & Revenue EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 10:31 pm

Apologies for the late response. First: The .character additemset was there from the start and remains so. Second: Players will not likely get the gold command. Third: I've fixed the GM commands.
Back to top Go down
sleikas11
Builder GM
sleikas11

PostSubject: Re: Character Additem & Revenue   Character Additem & Revenue EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 2:13 am

Yay! I can fly around and be a god again!I will abuse the commands and make myself a ...FROG! Girls please stay clear of the frong or someting may jump in your clothes ^_^

Nah just kidding whit my horrible sence of humor anyway good work will chek it out later, an dwill come bi$%^ about the patch later as well
Back to top Go down
Myth
Brave
Myth

Gold : 58
Renown : 4

PostSubject: Re: Character Additem & Revenue   Character Additem & Revenue EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 9:58 am

vemenko's second suggestion i think is better than having everyone with additem Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Additem & Revenue   Character Additem & Revenue Empty

Back to top Go down

Character Additem & Revenue
Page 1 of 1