Tides of the Maelstrom
Welcome to Tides of the Maelstrom!
Tides of the Maelstrom
Welcome to Tides of the Maelstrom!
Tides of the Maelstrom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Tides of the Maelstrom WoW Private 3.3.5a RP Server! Please view our Rules & Policies, Getting Started guide and the About Us forum under Server Information!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Tides of the Maelstrom is a World of Warcraft Private RP Server. These forums are in no way associated with Blizzard Entertainment. All images and text are property of their rightful owners.

Hello hello~ My introduction!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JTJP770

Gold : 1
Renown : 0

Hello hello~ My introduction!  Empty
PostSubject: Hello hello~ My introduction!    Hello hello~ My introduction!  EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 5:05 pm

First off, introduce yourself. Tell us anything about you:! My names Jake, I recently moved from Chicago to Memphis. I love gaming, (Obviously.) Always have since I was a kid, I read quite a bit and I love to write. I adore a variety of music, spanning from alternative to classic rock. I'm generally a social person. My favorite football team is the New England Patriots. I play tabletop Warhammer 40,000 and have done a few Dark Hersey games via Skype with friends! For the Chaos gods! Other then that, I don't know what else to say much! I've never been to good at describing myself!

What country are you from and what language(s) do you speak?:

United States of America! And just Engrish. :3

How were you first introduced to Warcraft/World of Warcraft?:

I've been playing Warcraft since Burning Crusade, but didn't get into RP until Wrath of the Lich King. My friends turned me onto the game, I spent a lot of time leveling and just playing the game. And one day I just thought to myself, "There has to be more then this." So I took the creative angle. I sought out RP and fell in love with it!

How did you find us?:

A friend referred me to this site, she speaks highly of it! ;3

How long have you been roleplaying?:

Oh boy, years! When I was a kid, me and my friends used to play Star Wars in the backyard, make our own characters and stuff like that. It wasn't till later I really figured out I was roleplaying back then! But as for in-game and text based stuff? I started to RP in the Wrath of the Lich King expansion! So it's been quite a few years now, *Counts on fingers* So six or so years now! I like to think myself an experienced and well versed Roleplayer! /High Horse

What types of roleplay do you enjoy?:

All kinds! I love hashing out plots, story lines, but I'm not above random tavern RP. I love to make support characters, temp ones for a story line and hope they evolve into one I keep playing after! I'm pretty flexible.

Game Expansion:

I have them all~ Even Panda's, I still play on retail every once in a while!

Sample of your work:
This is an IC post I did on another of my Roleplay server's forums. Enjoy~!

As he left the inn at Hearthglen, Balverine pinched the bridge of his nose. His dark brown locks falling into his matching eye color. With a roll of his shoulders, he thought to himself as he walked alone in the city. "Starting from the bottom again.. do I really want to do that? I worked so hard already...," he said with a sigh. His boots made prints in the now soft earth as the one safe haven in the Plagueland's ground was spattered by water. He pulled his hood up over his head, the white cowl covering his eyes.

He got his horse from the stables and mounted it, swinging his legs up on the animal and patted it's head. He'd grown attached to the horse, though in the past he didn't care for them much "At least it's a simple task to start off with... hell, maybe I could use a refresher on some of the basic teachings. I've become a bit jaded the last few years...," he said kicking his heels to launch the horse into a steady trot.

His journey was finished as he arrived in Lakeshire, it was a long trek home. He approached the door to a familiar house and knocked. Turning the knob, he walked in and was greeted by an excited gasp two boys. The one had the same hair color as Balverine, and piercing light green eyes. His features were sharp. Just by looking at the small boy, you could tell he was smart. The other one looked to be a bit bigger then the first. His hair was blonde, and he had a more soft spoken tone "Daddy!" "Uncle Bal!," he said holding his arms out for both boys as he scooped them up into a hug. He spun them around and set them down before grinning at them both. "I missed you both. Jaece, were you good for your Uncle?," he said looking past the boys to the other person in the room. His brother Aros. Aros sat in causal attire with a book in his hand by the fire place. He smiled and bowed his head at Balverine, "Of course he was good, he only acts up for you, Brother," he said snickering before Bal rolled his eyes at Aros.

Aros was tall, with broad shoulders and a very serious look on his face most of the time. He looked melancholy a good chunk of the time, but there were moments. When in his home, and in the company of family where he was a bit more light hearted. Bal looked to both boys, "Damek.. I brought something for you," he said reaching into his bag.

The blonde haired boy was Damek, Aros' son. He was five years old, one year older then Balverine's son Jaece. Balverine held up a helmet. The symbol of the Argent Crusade was on the front of it. "I know how much you like Knights...so when I saw they were going to melt these down for new metals...I threw the smith a few silver and snagged it," he said with a snicker. Damek's face lit up brighter then the sun as his Uncle presented him the gift. The boy took it in his hands and put it on his head, surprised to find out it was heavy and how his head seemed to droop a bit. "Damek, what do you say?," Aros chimed in from the back round. "Thank you, Uncle Bal!," he exclaimed, beaming still. Jaece, however, looked a bit hurt.

Bal caught his son's eye and smiled. "Oh, c'mon...you didn't think I'd forget about you did ya?," he said reaching into the bag again and pulling out yet another item. It was a small orb, at one point it looked like it had magical properties. But now, it was just a hunk of glass with some fancy print on it. "I found this as well. I know you want to be a mage, just like Mommy," he said reaching out to ruffle his son's hair.

Jaece grinned in delight at the orb, "Thanks, Dad," he said reaching up. Bal lifted his son with ease and hugged him to his chest. "You're welcome, buddy," he assured softly, almost with melancholy. Aros and Bal exchanged a look. Jaece had taken his mother's death well. He was very close to her, due to Balverine being busy with the Church and it's work the first year or two since Jaece was born.

Balverine struggled with the loss of his wife more then his son did. He often felt empty and alone, and if he was fit to raise his son on his own. "Now boys.. don't go making me sorry I got you these gifts. Jaece, don't hit your cousin over the head with the orb because he's wearing a helmet. And Damek, don't go smashing your head into hard objects with it," he said teasingly. The two boys were cousins, but they had a bond like brothers. All their time was spent together, they were inseparable since day one.

As the boys went out to play, Aros looked over to Bal. "I'm sorry, I know you miss her," Balverine sighed. "Yeah. I do...but wallowing in self pity isn't going to help. I have a kid to raise, and an order to help now." "Order?," Aros questioned. Balverine then went on to explain his conversation with Cristovao and the Grandbell Knights. The young priest didn't say much, but simply told Bal he was glad he had found a purpose again.

As Bal and Aros chatted a bit more, Aros said the boys wanted to stay with one another for a sleep over again. Bal agreed, he could use a good night's sleep since his trek. The Paladin walked down the street to his own home and stripped off his armor. Now in simple, loose fitting pants, he rested his head on his pillow and drifted off.

Balverine maybe got three hours of sleep before he heard a knock at his door. He tried to ignore it, he was tired. But it kept on making noise. "I'm comin' Dammit!," he said picking himself up and walking to the door. A shirtless Balverine flung open the door to find his neightbor, Old Mrs. Thomas. Balverine's cheeks flushed a dark red as he realized he was standing shirtless in front of an elderly woman.

She laughed a bit at his blush. "One second...," he said before closing the door and throwing on a simple white t-shirt."What's up?," he questioned her as she sighed. "Well, it's over. He passed," she said with a sad smile. Balverine frowned. "I'm so sorry Mrs. Thomas...you and your husband were always kind to me as a boy. I'm going to miss him. Is there anything I can do?," he offered softly, his lack of sleep not really bothering him anymore. "Actually, yes Balvy there is...I was wondering if you could just come by and say a few words...give a blessing. I know how you're with the Church." Balverine opened his mouth to speak "I...I've never been good with that sort of stuff...I'm sure Aro-" Mrs. Thomas cut him off, "No no.. it has to be you. Phillip always liked you.. we never had our own children. So the ones who grew up here were ours. He would want it to be you." Balverine nodded. "Alright...," he said stepping out and walking with Mrs. Thomas. "You don't seem sad..." He said to her. "I knew it was coming...he was in pain, deary. I knew he didn't have a lot of time left. I'm sad, but I'm also happy he's not suffering anymore." Balverine didn't say anything for the rest of the walk. When they reached the home of the elderly couple...

There laid Phillip Thomas, dead in his own bed. Balverine walked over to him and held his hand. "Gonna miss ya, old timer...," he said softly. Balverine let go of his hand, he was still warm. He touched a finger to the man's head and a small spark of holy magic was seen. Bal looked him over and started to speak. He recited a prayer from a tome he had memorized and Mrs. Thomas began to tear up. Balverine moved over to give her a hug, and soothe her for a bit. He sat with her for the night, drinking tea and talking about old memories.

He finally told her he needed to go, but would be back later to help prepare the funeral and dig his grave. She thanked him with another hug and Bal walked out of the door. He sighed to himself and rubbed his temples."I wonder if this counts...," he mused while looking up at the sky.

He grabbed Jaece on his way home, and marched to the graveyard. They stood at a rather fresh looking headstone. It read, 'Calantha Drakewing, loving mother and wife. May the Light warm and guide her soul into paradise.' As the pair stood there, father and son. They didn't say anything much. Jaece bent down to sit by the stone and touch it. He always liked to come visit Mommy, and would sometimes tell her about his day and what he and Damek did. Bal sighed heavily, watching his son talk. And then, he felt a hand on his shoulder and a ruffle of his hair. He turned around, but no one was there. Chills went down his spine, and the skin on his arm raised. A soft smile passed his lips as he watched his son talk until he was done. Jaece joined his father's side, he took his hand and began their walk home.

Lastly, have you read our rules and do you agree to them?:

Sure have! And sure do!

Notes:

Nope, I got nothin' else for you guys~!
Back to top Go down
Bearpants
Enforcer GM
Bearpants

Gold : 78
Renown : 6

Hello hello~ My introduction!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello hello~ My introduction!    Hello hello~ My introduction!  EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 5:11 pm

Tzeentch!

And The Broncos! (Maybe Cowboys too..) D:< Screw your Patriots..

-Coughs- Anyways, I know you, har har.. But welcome to ToTM! I'll PM you ASAP with all the account she-bang. <3

~Bearpanties
Back to top Go down

Hello hello~ My introduction!
Page 1 of 1