Tides of the Maelstrom
Welcome to Tides of the Maelstrom!
Tides of the Maelstrom
Welcome to Tides of the Maelstrom!
Tides of the Maelstrom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Tides of the Maelstrom WoW Private 3.3.5a RP Server! Please view our Rules & Policies, Getting Started guide and the About Us forum under Server Information!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Tides of the Maelstrom is a World of Warcraft Private RP Server. These forums are in no way associated with Blizzard Entertainment. All images and text are property of their rightful owners.

A Sachiko Introduction

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SachikoMaeda
Brave

Gold : 1
Renown : 0

A Sachiko Introduction Empty
PostSubject: A Sachiko Introduction   A Sachiko Introduction EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 2:58 am

First off, introduce yourself. Tell us anything about you: I am SachikoMaeda. I've been stuck in RP on another private server that I'm sure a few know of. I've seen a few familiar names and whatnot. Anyways. I'm an avid Blood Elf player and an artist. I work at a movie theater and I have a bad back. Yay.

What country are you from and what language(s) do you speak?: I'm from the Southern US, honestly. I speak fluent English, a touch of Japanese, and a sprinkle of Cajun.

How were you first introduced to Warcraft/World of Warcraft?: I was first introduced back in the days of vanilla by my older brother. I hardly remember those days... I was on retail WoW for a few months until BC was released. A few weeks after that, I lost my retail time. I haven't picked up WoW again until I joined the previously mentioned server.

How did you find us?: Funnily enough, I apparently made an account here a few months back I completely forgot about. I was talking to my good friend JTJP770 about this place and... Well, here I am writing this.

How long have you been roleplaying?: I've been roleplaying for a long as I can remember. It started back with a Barbie doll and a shoebox. Internet and text roleplay wasn't something I got into until about 2000. Since then, I've been pretty hooked on it. It's always been a hobby of mine. I like to believe it keeps my imagination alive.

What types of roleplay do you enjoy?: I usually enjoy all types of RP. I focus greatly on character relations and development above all. Combat RP is something one slowly taken a dislike to, but will work with so long as it's vital to the story at hand.

Game Expansion: I have a 3.3.5a WotLk client as well as a 4.0.6a Cata and a 5.2 MoP client.

Sample of your work: I'll copypasta an excerpt from one of my character's history. That's alright, yes? I can prove my identity if needed.

Born to a once noble household, Lovar'thil's childhood was exceedingly easy. He was given all he needed and wanted rather swiftly. Far from spoiled, he always felt the need to give back to those around him. He went through school with high grades and great credentials, in time moving on to learn more in the medical field. He took great care and time with his studies, writing a number of books worth of notes to keep everything in order.
He worked a small charity practice within the city, seeing those in poverty for little to no charge. In his off time, he would look more into astronomy. He enjoyed his hobby greatly and would occasionally teach small classes on both medicine and astronomy. His life remained quiet, rarely making his way into family politics when large amounts of money were to be thrown around. He never had much care with such matters until his parents' passing due to old age. Being an only child, he was left with all inheritance. All the fortune they had, the land, and assets. Even with all these resources at his hands, he was far from a good businessman or politician.
A series of bad investments took away the majority of his wealth and his poor politics thrust him out of the noble scene. After his mishaps, he left his investing to an old friend of his and took back to his practice. He focused on running his clinic and left family business elsewhere. When the Second War came, he left home to be a combat medic. His minor knowledge of the arcane proved to be useful in defending other medics working with him. His service lasted the duration of the war though his location was constantly changing. He enjoyed traveling while practicing his trade, even if the circumstances were not the best.
He returned home to more money troubles. His inheritance was almost completely gone and he was left with no choice but to sell his old family home as well as what assets they had remaining, sealing his fate of being a commoner. He ignored his problems and continued his work, trusting his friend to resolve any issues. His trust was well placed and he did see a return of profits to his home. Just as prosperity returned, the Scourge invasion came. Within the chaos, his clinic was lost and his friend was killed. He barely managed to survive, taking shelter under rubble as he comforted himself.
Recovering from the disaster was not easy on him. He could not simply ignore it as he had prior. With the withdrawals nagging him down constantly, he began following the words of Kael'thas closely. In time, he joined forces that were destined to the Outlands. His exposure to fel was one he welcomed rather quickly and started an addiction that he would keep with him for years to come. During his time in the Outlands, he took to studying demonic arts. It didn't take long for him to become a rather successful warlock. More of his time spent there was devoted to studies than actual combat situations.
He continued with Kael'thas and his forces until he saw those around him becoming mutated. Before partaking in such an activity, he quickly broke away from the armies and went into hiding in Hellfire Peninsula. He didn't emerge from his hiding for months, slowly making his return to Silvermoon. He learned of the fate of Kael'thas and those with him, taking it as a sign to continue his research with fel and its effects on the body. He took his previous research books and notes from his home along with his tools for alchemy, packed them in a trunk, and took to the roads.

Lastly, have you read our rules and do you agree to them?: Of course I have. And I most certainly agree.

Notes: I'm currently quite amused at the setup so far. It pleases me.
Back to top Go down
Bearpants
Enforcer GM
Bearpants

Gold : 78
Renown : 6

A Sachiko Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Sachiko Introduction   A Sachiko Introduction EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 3:11 am

Well, there is no need to have to do any identification here, unless you really aren't who you say you are! O.O

But anyways, welcome to ToTM! I'll get the account made and PM you ASAP.

~Bearpants
Back to top Go down

A Sachiko Introduction
Page 1 of 1