Tides of the Maelstrom
Welcome to Tides of the Maelstrom!
Tides of the Maelstrom
Welcome to Tides of the Maelstrom!
Tides of the Maelstrom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Tides of the Maelstrom WoW Private 3.3.5a RP Server! Please view our Rules & Policies, Getting Started guide and the About Us forum under Server Information!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Tides of the Maelstrom is a World of Warcraft Private RP Server. These forums are in no way associated with Blizzard Entertainment. All images and text are property of their rightful owners.

Kia Ora! Verdigree's Introduction

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Verdigree
Verdigree

Gold : 2
Renown : 0

Kia Ora! Verdigree's Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Kia Ora! Verdigree's Introduction   Kia Ora! Verdigree's Introduction EmptyWed May 22, 2013 6:30 am

Kia Ora, I am Verdigree, and here is a my introduction Very Happy

First off, introduce yourself. Tell us anything about you:
Well, I play videogames frequently, I love reading, writing and of course Rugby Union. I also do jazz and tap dancing (No it isn't gay, I'm surrounded by girls in tight clothing for 3 hours a week)

What country are you from and what language(s) do you speak?:
I am from New Zealand, but I live in Australia. I speak English and a tiny bit of Italian from schooling.

How were you first introduced to Warcraft/World of Warcraft?:
I played the first three Warcraft games a lot, even on the PS1. My uncle introduced me to WOW however and I have played ever since.

How did you find us?:
I was looking for a private WOW RP server last night due to the servers being down and I came across Tides from my searches.

How long have you been roleplaying?:
I have been roleplaying for a year or 2. A friend and I were planning to set-up a Steampunk roleplaying forum but instead it will be a collaborative story.

What types of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Any (yes, including ERP)

Game Expansion:
Wrath of the Lich King, 3.3.5a

Sample of your work:
(This started as a fan fiction for WOW but I have slightly modified it and intend to modify more)

Berend poured a bucket of water over his head as he walked in from the fields after hours of working on the crops. As he shook the water off, he noticed the smell of his mother’s beef stew.

“Smells great, doesn’t it?” Berend turned to see his uncle leaning against his trader’s cart.

“Uncle Cystig!” Berend ran up to his uncle and gave him a great hug.

“Haha! Here, have this, I got it from a refugee who used to live in Orlanc.” Cystig pulled out a small mace. It was made of a black metal, with brown leather wrapped around the hilt. At the tip of the mace a bright sunstone was embossed.

“Wow, thanks so much!” exclaimed Berend. As he took it, he felt a powerful warmth surround him.

“Now, how about we say we go and get something to eat?” Pushing each other around, Cystig and Berend walked towards the small wooden house. They walked in and sat at the table as Berend’s father and his brother Cwalu carried in bowls and plates of home-baked bread.

“Brother, where have you been?!” cried Berend’s father.

“You know, out, about, trading,” explained Cystig. Berend’s mother came into the room and planted a large pot of stew on the table.

“Dig in boys, there’s more in the cauldron if you want it.”

Once everyone was halfway through the meal, Cwalu looked up to his uncle and asked, “So what news do you have for us?” Cystig put down his spoon, and started going through recent events. Berend was too busy eating, and only heard a few words here and there like “dragons”, “king” and “refugees”. It wasn’t until the topic turned to the plague that he started listening.

“The last city of the living outside of Shartaca has now fallen. All survivors from the five other Great Lands are now residing in different large camps around the capital of Hazbal. Also, all of the leaders of the Holy Orders are residing in the Cathedral of Holy Light.” The whole time everyone was staring straight at him, hanging on every word.

“What about the cultists, and the prophesied hero?” asked Berend’s father, who was cleaning up the last of his stew with a piece of bread.

“Well, there have been many more sightings of sinister looking meetings and people in dark purple robes. There are even signs of unholy rituals in some places. As for the hero, the priests have just lost all traces of him or her.” Berend felt it was all too much.

“I’m going out to check the sheep,” he said sullenly.

“Can I have your stew?” asked Cwalu, but Berend was already gone. Berend put on his shepherd’s boots and started to go towards the field the sheep were grazing in. As he went, he thought about what his uncle had said. He couldn’t believe how bad the situation was. When he reached the field he became startled as his family’s wolf ran up to him. It was covered in dirt and was barking wildly.

“What is it Dagri, did little Gif from the village fall down the well again?” asked Berend. Dagri ran into the field, knocking some sheep over as he went. Berend let his gaze follow Dagri through the field.

Then he spotted it. Out in the field a decrepit orc was crouching over a dead ram, tearing meat off the carcass.

“Hey, get out of here you snot-skin!” yelled Berend. However, the orc didn’t seem to notice. He ran into the field towards the orc, bellowing and brandishing the small blunderbuss that he carried with him when patrolling the fields. As he got closer, he noticed that the orc seemed strange. Firstly, orcs didn’t eat mutton that often. Secondly, it wasn’t wearing any of the garb of nearby orc tribes. Thirdly, orc tribes in the area didn’t steal anything. Lastly, it was heavily wounded, with large gashes and cuts over its skin. Berend ran up next Dagri, who was growling aggressively.

“Leave now or I’ll shoot!” warned Berend. The orc span round suddenly. That was when he realised why it was strange. The orc was undead. It made an unnatural yelling sound, like a mix between a boar and a bear. It swiped the blunderbuss right out of Berend’s hands. Dagri ran off as fast as he could, being the wimpy wolf he was. Berend’s senses instantly became sharpened. He whipped out the mace his uncle had given him and brutally assaulted the zombie, battering all over the orc's face. Some fingers from the skinny orc and even its nose came flying off in the attack. However the monster got a grip on the weapon, pulling Berend close. It pressed its face close to Berend’s, moaning loudly. Then, the orc had gained the upper hand. It pushed Berend over, flung the mace aside and slowly crouched forwards to Berend, with a seemingly crooked smile. Berend flung his hands up to defend himself, fearing for his life.

A blinding, bright light sprang from his palms, shining on the body of the orc. When the light had stopped emitting from his hands, he saw the beast stumbling about, its upper body and head in flames. He flailed his arms, finally giving out a long air-splitting screech, before falling over. Just before Berend fell unconscious from exhaustion, he gasped, “What was that?”

Lastly, have you read our rules and do you agree to them?:
Yes I most certainly have read them and I agree.

Notes:
I look forward to roleplaying on the server Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Kia Ora! Verdigree's Introduction
Page 1 of 1