Tides of the Maelstrom
Welcome to Tides of the Maelstrom!
Tides of the Maelstrom
Welcome to Tides of the Maelstrom!
Tides of the Maelstrom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Tides of the Maelstrom WoW Private 3.3.5a RP Server! Please view our Rules & Policies, Getting Started guide and the About Us forum under Server Information!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Tides of the Maelstrom is a World of Warcraft Private RP Server. These forums are in no way associated with Blizzard Entertainment. All images and text are property of their rightful owners.

Sal's friendly introduction.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Saladman

Gold : 1
Renown : 0

Sal's friendly introduction. Empty
PostSubject: Sal's friendly introduction.   Sal's friendly introduction. EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 11:34 am

Now I know this isn't mandatory but I find that a quality introduction is the gateway to new friendships. So, I'll cut the chit chat and you can get to reading the juicy details that are... Me.

First off, introduce yourself. Tell us anything about you: 
I am a bilingual 20 year old man currently enjoying the summer months before going off to Uni. On my spare time I draw, read and roleplay on a website called rp.eliteskills.com . My pen-name is Saladman, most of the time I'm just called Sal for short so please, call me what ever suits your fancy.

What country are you from and what language(s) do you speak?:
Born, raised and currently residing in Sweden, also my father is English so I have been raised bilingual. In short, I speak Swedish and English fluently and I speak a small amount of Japanese. Thank you distance university courses.

How were you first introduced to Warcraft/World of Warcraft?:
I was first introduced to Warcraft during WC3, I played it lots at my best friends house and loved the concept at the story (even though I wasn't older than... 12. Later in years, probably around the mid Burning-Crusade era I was introduced to WoW on a friends account and did not get to playing until 1 month before the release of Wrath of the Lich King. During this Expansion I hit my prime, ditched school to raid and so on. Basically I was a hard-core raider and pve-content dweller during these years.

I have kept on playing the retail version until Cataclysm and MoP during which I have taken breaks from between 2 weeks to 6 months at a time. But as of late I became keen on roleplaying and began playing on the RP servers quite heavily, until my rp-friends lost interest and stopped coming online. So the last 6 months I've been looking for something good to RP and I'm now trying private-servers to see if it works.

How did you find us?:
I found TotM through the all mighty Google, where I came across a top-list of private realms and then I pretty much closed my eyes and picked one. Luckily this one intrigued me.

How long have you been roleplaying?:
I have been roleplaying seriously and heavily during the last 3-4 years. Though I only started roleplaying in retail about a year ago and it was hard to find anything of quality.

What types of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy roleplay with a structure, something that has a believable background. But this does not say that I also enjoy things that have a lot of feeling, the very best roleplay is when I can feel that I actually am the character I'm playing and not just some model in a game.

Game Expansion:
Wrath of the Lich King

Sample of your work:
I'll throw in a sample from an RP I posted in yesterday. The setting is in a carriage on it's way to an annual ball, I play Blaine the werewolf, prince of the earthen kingdom. Aaaand Go!

Blaine looked out of the carriage window and sighed. The wind-kingdom was always famed for their large grass-lands and their windmills. As much as he loved feeling the grass under his feet there was something that bothered him. It was too... Open. No trees, no jungles, no rocky areas. It was all too... Plain. He looked over to his sister and mother, although dressing up was a bit over the top in his opinion he had to admit that they were both equally beautiful. Maewynn may only be fifteen but she had begun to fill those dresses with a finesse and dignity of a lady.

His mother on the other hand lacked the innocence that his sister had. She had a stern aura, Blaine hated to admit but he was almost intimidated. His mother was clad in the most beautiful dress and certainly fit the description of a queen. Blaine on the other hand did not have the same finesse or elegance as his mother and sister. He took a different approach to the seat of a prince. He was draped in jet-black and a forest green silk, it covered most of his body. A good thing it did, he would not want his scars and brands showing at such an occasion. Or so he had been told.

Blaine leaned out of the window and gave a rough shout at the driver. "How much longer?" As he got the answer that it was at the very most only a 3 minute wait he simply scoffed and sat back in his seat, his patience beginning to wear thin. The carriage soon pulled up behind the black carriage of the darkness kingdom.

A clear difference between the two as theirs had roots growing around the green wagon and the black carriage-wheels. Blaine sniffed the air and let out a low growl, the stench of his mortal enemies was one that made his inner most senses tingle. But he had been told that this was a joyous event. Yeah, let's see how long it takes before one of us snaps. His muscles tensed as he tried to conceal his killing intent.

Lastly, have you read our rules and do you agree to them?:
I have read the rules and I agree to them wholeheartedly.

Notes:
If there is anything you wish to know about me, my limits or just want to get to know me just throw me a PM. The same goes for anyone in the Staff who want's me to look at something that they think I may have overlooked. I am open to criticism and look forward to hearing a comment or two.

Thank you for your time!
~Sal
Back to top Go down

Sal's friendly introduction.
Page 1 of 1