Tides of the Maelstrom
Welcome to Tides of the Maelstrom!
Tides of the Maelstrom
Welcome to Tides of the Maelstrom!
Tides of the Maelstrom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Tides of the Maelstrom WoW Private 3.3.5a RP Server! Please view our Rules & Policies, Getting Started guide and the About Us forum under Server Information!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Tides of the Maelstrom is a World of Warcraft Private RP Server. These forums are in no way associated with Blizzard Entertainment. All images and text are property of their rightful owners.

Character Profiles/Levels

Go down 
2 posters

Do away with the current Profile System?
Yes!
Character Profiles/Levels I_vote_lcap100%Character Profiles/Levels I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 4 ]
No!
Character Profiles/Levels I_vote_lcap0%Character Profiles/Levels I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe...
Character Profiles/Levels I_vote_lcap0%Character Profiles/Levels I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Rakos
High Chieftain
Rakos

Gold : 597
Renown : 13

Character Profiles/Levels Empty
PostSubject: Character Profiles/Levels   Character Profiles/Levels EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 5:19 am

Hello everyone! I had been thinking, how do all of you feel about character profiles?

I am seriously considering the removal of the current system for a couple reasons:

- It promotes a sort of totalitarian feel. Making those whom are not interested in writing character apps (or those whom have simply yet to) seem lesser. Therefore it will eventually lead to certain players not wanting to even RP with characters below level 80. I've seen this happen elsewhere and it is most unwelcome here.

- I had plans to overhaul the way things work around here and doing away with the current system would tie in with these plans nicely. It also means a smaller workload for myself and other GMs as I will be opening the housing system as well as some others.

One should note that character profiles would most certainly still a possibility, they would simply be less monitored and of course, optional. One would have to make an account on our wiki and create a page for said character and do as they please. They will still be monitored and it would be up to the playerbase as well to report any sort of lore breaking.

That being said, certain characters (and classes) will still require a special profile to prove that you are capable of playing such a character.

Cast your vote in the poll but please note that we may have to go a certain way whether or not everyone agrees. Feel free to respond to this Announcement.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
https://tidesofthemaelstrom.forumotion.com
MagicalRaccoon
Brave
MagicalRaccoon

Gold : 71
Renown : 6

PostSubject: Re: Character Profiles/Levels   Character Profiles/Levels EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 12:42 am

I'd like to say that you should still highly recommend TRP2 for everyone, just because it's a great way for characters' appearance to be explained without people having to type it out repetitively.
Back to top Go down
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/7/2/K8F9axLApU6MgVwVgRiriw
Rakos
High Chieftain
Rakos

Gold : 597
Renown : 13

PostSubject: Re: Character Profiles/Levels   Character Profiles/Levels EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 11:47 am

It is in our downloads section and I suggest it whenever I private message a new member with their account info.
Back to top Go down
https://tidesofthemaelstrom.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Profiles/Levels   Character Profiles/Levels Empty

Back to top Go down

Character Profiles/Levels
Page 1 of 1