Tides of the Maelstrom
Welcome to Tides of the Maelstrom!
Tides of the Maelstrom
Welcome to Tides of the Maelstrom!
Tides of the Maelstrom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Tides of the Maelstrom WoW Private 3.3.5a RP Server! Please view our Rules & Policies, Getting Started guide and the About Us forum under Server Information!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Tides of the Maelstrom is a World of Warcraft Private RP Server. These forums are in no way associated with Blizzard Entertainment. All images and text are property of their rightful owners.

Scaling

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
deathara1
deathara1

Gold : 57
Renown : 1

Scaling Empty
PostSubject: Scaling   Scaling EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 8:31 am

We have a measuring tape for scaling but...It's not very effective. With the new races/classes given, some of the morphs could be big. And even using .90 won't scale them to an average height. Or they can be really small, and needed to scale up and 1.1 is still too short.

I would suggest adding a bigger and smaller scale range, or just let us have ".mod scale" for the people that need to use it. But make sure it's used -within reason-.
Back to top Go down
Rakos
High Chieftain
Rakos

Gold : 597
Renown : 13

Scaling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scaling   Scaling EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 6:52 pm

I had given this some thought and I will give players the .mod scale command. No overscaling! 1.1 is the highest allowed for regular races IC. Anyone over 1.1 will receive a warning. Abusing these commands will warrant suspensions and potentially bans. If you are warned, do not take it lightly.

TL;DR?

Scale range for regular races are still .9-1.1, this command is simply to accommodate for players whom may be using a morph.

P.s. This is something I had wanted to implement since the .mod display command but was reluctant to. Please don't make me regret this.
Back to top Go down
https://tidesofthemaelstrom.forumotion.com
deathara1
deathara1

Gold : 57
Renown : 1

Scaling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scaling   Scaling EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 8:35 am

Are we allowed to use the scale command to do ".mod scale .85" that we are the regular height of a player? For example, if I find a Mag'har male model I like, but it's bigger than a regular orc and .90 is still too big, can we use lower to fit into the average range?
Back to top Go down
Rakos
High Chieftain
Rakos

Gold : 597
Renown : 13

Scaling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scaling   Scaling EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 9:44 am

There are, of course, cases such as this where that would be acceptable. However, the Mag'har Orc skin is available in the character creation screen given you have the patch.
Back to top Go down
https://tidesofthemaelstrom.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Scaling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scaling   Scaling Empty

Back to top Go down

Scaling
Page 1 of 1