Tides of the Maelstrom
Welcome to Tides of the Maelstrom!
Tides of the Maelstrom
Welcome to Tides of the Maelstrom!
Tides of the Maelstrom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Tides of the Maelstrom WoW Private 3.3.5a RP Server! Please view our Rules & Policies, Getting Started guide and the About Us forum under Server Information!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Tides of the Maelstrom is a World of Warcraft Private RP Server. These forums are in no way associated with Blizzard Entertainment. All images and text are property of their rightful owners.

Marin's Introduction.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Marin
Brave

Gold : 1
Renown : 0

Marin's Introduction. Empty
PostSubject: Marin's Introduction.   Marin's Introduction. EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 10:58 am

* First off, introduce yourself. Tell us anything about you:
Ahoy! I'm 19 years old. I enjoy humor and football (soccer), and music. I've had an electric guitar for over a year now, but sadly, I still can't play a single note.

* What country are you from and what language(s) do you speak?:
I'm from the mystical desert that is known as The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. I speak Arabic and English.

* How were you first introduced to Warcraft/World of Warcraft?:
I used to play a different MMO, one that died out, and a friend of mine stumbled upon World of Warcraft in... 2004, I believe. But my first account was created with
the release of TBC.

* How did you find us?:
Google!

* How long have you been roleplaying?:
I'm fairly new. I have tried it once or twice in the past; but I used to be mostly drawn to PVP, so this is my first real roleplaying attempt, and I'm looking forward to it.

* What types of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Day-to-day life and survival I guess, nothing too gloomy. I guess I could pull off the role of anything from random grunt to commander to diplomat, given the right pointers. As I said, I'm not an expert, so I guess I haven't found my real preference yet.

* Game Expansion:
I've downloaded the whole game from battle.net a day ago. I'm not sure if it installed Cataclysm, since my old, inactive account was a WoTLK account. This line will be edited when I'm sure about the details.

- Sample of your work:
N/A. Please refer to the part where I'm fairly new.

* Lastly, have you read our rules and do you agree to them?: Yes, I've actually read them. I do agree.
Back to top Go down
Mikhail
Brave
Mikhail

Gold : 135
Renown : 1

PostSubject: Re: Marin's Introduction.   Marin's Introduction. EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 12:33 pm

A-ha! So google is working with us. The shall be nice indeed! Welcome to the server, I'm Mikhail, and I help Nooblord 2000 Rakos manage the server. You're not likely to see me in-game, however, as I'm rather busy with multiple things. But expect big things from me, my friend, as I'm planning a huge Custom-Lore. More details to come.
Back to top Go down
Marin
Brave

PostSubject: Re: Marin's Introduction.   Marin's Introduction. EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 1:59 pm

Thank you, Mikhail. And to be exact, I looked for role-playing servers on Google, I saw a result for some random server that's currently offline - But someone that commented on the video had posted the link to this place, and voila! Jackpot.
Back to top Go down
Marin
Brave

PostSubject: Re: Marin's Introduction.   Marin's Introduction. EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 7:50 am

Update: Game expansion is Cataclysm, basically, the game is the latest version and expansion available, downloaded from Battle.net a day or three ago. Is that good or bad?
Back to top Go down
Mikhail
Brave
Mikhail

Gold : 135
Renown : 1

PostSubject: Re: Marin's Introduction.   Marin's Introduction. EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 11:49 am

I'm not entirely sure. ALthough I'm leaning towards bad, after all we are currently in Wrath of the Lich King. ALthough Rakos is planning a side-server with Cata.
Back to top Go down
Marin
Brave

PostSubject: Re: Marin's Introduction.   Marin's Introduction. EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 1:51 pm

I'm not sure how having a patched game is a problem, I mean, I'm not missing any files or anything like that, so how could it be a problem? Mind you, I have the programming skills of a duck with a single semi-active brain cell.

I can download an earlier version with ease - But I do have a question; How do I acquire an account to log in with? Never hurts to try, right?
Back to top Go down
Vemenko
Brave
Vemenko

Gold : 120
Renown : 2

PostSubject: Re: Marin's Introduction.   Marin's Introduction. EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 3:37 pm

The compatibility of the versions don't work (ie: its built into the program to not work on older/newer versions of the same title). So you would need to find a WoW WotLK 3.3.5a (12340) torrent (or if you have the discs and the time, manually patch it).
Back to top Go down
Marin
Brave

PostSubject: Re: Marin's Introduction.   Marin's Introduction. EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 4:15 pm

Thank you, Vamenko. I'm currently downloading that version via torrent. Seeders are pathetic so it should take a while.

That version's description has a link to another private server's forum. I'm guessing that this is the most popular version for private servers?
Back to top Go down
Rakos
High Chieftain
Rakos

Gold : 597
Renown : 13

PostSubject: Re: Marin's Introduction.   Marin's Introduction. EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 5:14 pm

Hello Marin and welcome to Tides of the Maelstrom! You will receive a private message containing your game account information as soon as possible!
Back to top Go down
https://tidesofthemaelstrom.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marin's Introduction.   Marin's Introduction. Empty

Back to top Go down

Marin's Introduction.
Page 1 of 1