Tides of the Maelstrom
Welcome to Tides of the Maelstrom!
Tides of the Maelstrom
Welcome to Tides of the Maelstrom!
Tides of the Maelstrom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Tides of the Maelstrom WoW Private 3.3.5a RP Server! Please view our Rules & Policies, Getting Started guide and the About Us forum under Server Information!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Tides of the Maelstrom is a World of Warcraft Private RP Server. These forums are in no way associated with Blizzard Entertainment. All images and text are property of their rightful owners.

Deathara1's Introduction

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
deathara1
deathara1

Gold : 57
Renown : 1

Deathara1's Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Deathara1's Introduction   Deathara1's Introduction EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 6:21 pm

First off, introduce yourself. Tell us anything about you: Hello everyone! I like to roleplay, write, and I'm an excellent reader. I'm creative and I love video games.

What country are you from and what language(s) do you speak?: United States of America (USA). I speak English

How were you first introduced to Warcraft/World of Warcraft?: I heard about it from a friend back in The Burning Crusade (TBC).

How did you find us?: I went on Google and typed in "3.3.5a roleplay server" and you were the 1st result. I read the information and I loved it all Very Happy. I scrolled down and none of the other searches seemed interesting.

How long have you been roleplaying?: 1-2 years.

What types of roleplay do you enjoy?: I enjoy roleplays with some action and a sense of purpose. Tavern, Town, and Kingdom RPs are fine, but any type of RP can become boring with a lack of people. As long as the violence or event isn't overdone and unappealing I like most RPs.

Game Expansion: TBC - 4.0.6

Sample of your work:

The Hybrid Experiment

Projects. Tests. Failures. That is what they call us. We are nothing to them except a lab rat.

It all started with an idea. The Forsaken realized they could not reproduce. With only 8 Val'kyr left, and the Lich King unknown to them, they are down to the magic of 8 people to produce the Forsaken. A special group of the Royal Apothecary came to Sylvanas with an idea. Their idea was to use magic and alchemy together, to try and recreate beings like the Val'kyr. At first she denied the request, saying that there were few enough of them already, but the Royal Apothecary offered to use their living prisoners. If the tests failed, the prisoners could be risen as Forsaken. If they succeeded, then the Forsaken could create an endless supply of Val'kyr. She agreed to this, seeing as how either way the prisoners died.

The Forsaken began to work on their experiments. They extracted the magical essence of a Val'kyr. Then they extracted and mixed other magics into the concoction. After that they enchanted the potions with the magical essence. The results were unpredictable and far beyond what any could imagine. At first, the test subject kept dying as the magical and physical properties overwhelmed them. But over time, the magic itself began to change. New strands were self-created, and the potions began to become different. Some of the subjects still failed and died, but others failed and lived.

The Forsaken began to notice not every potion was the same. They tried to understand why but couldn't find the reason. In the meantime, they began to make a holding place for the experiments that survived. They watched and studied as the experiments grew. Each of the subjects developed different talents. A list of the talents recorded by a Forsaken can be seen below.

Grand Apothecary Blaine: These...Experiments...They're wondrous.

-Psychics: These people control areas of the mind. Their abilities include but are not limited to: Mind reading, telekinesis, telepathy, illusions, curses, visions, foresight, and many other talents.

-Manipulators: These people can manipulate things. Their abilities include but are not limited to: Force shields, sonic booms, teleportation, mind control, explosions, invisibility, and many other talents.

-Enhancers: These people can enhance themselves and others. Their abilities include but are not limited to: Faster speed, better strength, underwater breathing, flight, bigger size, smarter intelligence and many other talents.

-Controllers: These people can control things. Their abilities include but are not limited to: Controlling the elements, controlling force, shock waves, tremors, fires, tornadoes, storms, accelerated generation, healing, and many other talents.

As time went on, the Forsaken let their guard down thinking they had made a success. Over time the experiments began to form and bind together. They slowly watched and studied the Forsaken, memorizing the least guarded times, and where each of the guards stood. They also began to practice their abilities. The Forsaken, thinking the experiments wanted to please them, allowed the practice to go on. They were content that they had full control until the riot happened.

On one of the nights, in the wee hours of the morning, the Psychics used their telepathy to signal to the experiments that the time to strike was now. They stood at the ready in their cells, waiting for the signal. The sonic booms flew past down the halls, blasting the cell doors in and freeing the experiments. An alarm rose as the experiments began to escape. They used their abilities to take down the Forsaken. They fled into Silverpine Forest and spread out. The Psychics kept themselves linked with everyone to make sure that no one got lost.

Once far enough in the woods, they regrouped. To make sure the advanced races survived, a few teleporters were chosen. Their job was to take the group assigned to them that were the same faction and teleport to a nearby location. The groups ended up in Stormwind City, Ironfoge, Silvermoon City, and some mixed groups ended up in Dalaran or Shattrath City.

Over time these people mingled with the humans and carried out their lives. They had children, and each new child had a new talent. Talents could be duplicate to someone else's depending on the combination. As the population of these people grew, so did the attention they drew. Whispers spread throughout the city of a new and advanced generation. Panic also rose, and groups were formed. Their job was to hunt these people down and kill them. Once again the people had to use their gifts to shut down these groups before news spread. Anyone who knew about them that was not one of them was killed and hidden.

Cults and groups seeking power and control also began to hunt these people down. They would capture the children, and then over time raise the children to be under their control. Once they reached adult, they in turn were sent out to use their talents to capture children and the cycle continued.

Broken and turned on each other, the factions would eventually lead to a civil war. No one was brave enough to step forward and unite the generations under one banner. Their race and social standings set them apart and no one was willing to what everyone needed. Perhaps one day heroes will rise.

(This story was posted on another forum by me. That is why it comes up in Google in a different place)

Lastly, have you read our rules and do you agree to them?: Yes.
Back to top Go down
Bearpants
Enforcer GM
Bearpants

Gold : 78
Renown : 6

Deathara1's Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deathara1's Introduction   Deathara1's Introduction EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 9:35 pm

Herro~!

Seems you're all in order, so welcome to the server! :3

I'll get your account set-up and you should recieve a PM shortly with all you'll need. Nice sample, as well.
Back to top Go down

Deathara1's Introduction
Page 1 of 1